The County of Cappanarrow is a peerage title awarded by The Royal Manticoran Navy: The Official Honor Harrington Fan Association, Inc..
The Earl of Cappanarrow is Sir Wayne Bruns, who was originally raised to the peerage as Baron Grosvenor, at the final Honorcon, in October 2017. The Baron was elevated to the title of Earl of Cappanarrow on 31st December 2021 as part of the First Lord of the Admiralty's Q4 2021 honors.
County of Cappanarrow & Barony of Grosvenor
|2||Sir Wayne Bruns||31st December 2021||Earl|
|1||Sir Wayne Bruns||October 2017||Baron|
- Estate Director (Eddy Roberts) – This person is the Head of Household, effectively the Executive Officer of the household. They run the estate and the rest of the staff reports to them.
- Estate Security (Frank Piedra Gonzalez) – This person is a member of the Armed Forces who has taken additional role to act as Security for the Earl & Countess. For this role *only* this does not count against the Hat Rule as described by Admiralty Order 1602-02.
- Estate Security Assistant (Rebekah Roberts)
- Zookeeper (Suzie Buck) This person is in charge of the Cappanarrow Zoo.
- Aircar Pilot (Max Cameron) – Provides transport for the Earl & Countess. Reports to Estate Security.
- Footman/woman (Vacant) – Controls access to the Estate. Reports to the Under Butler.
- Maid (Samirah Johnstone) Maintains the cleanliness of the Estate. Reports to the Housekeeper.
- Chef de Cuisine (Jane Dusek) This person manages the kitchens of the estate.
- Sous Chef (Shawn Merrow) Prepares the dishes as directed by the Chef de Cuisine.
- Pastry Chef (Lyndsey Ashman) – Prepares Pastries and light snacks such as tea for the family and guests, as directed by the Chef de Cuisine.
Coat of arms of the Earl of Cappanarrow
Vert an Eastern dragon rampant and on a chief Or a cap of maintenance vert pierced fesswise with an arrow fletched Vert.
The escutcheon is ensigned with the coronet of an earl of the planet Manticore.
Willingness is the Key
The armiger is a fire dragon in the Chinese Zodiac. The charge in the chief is a pun on the name Cappanarrow. The motto is a slogan used in the recovery community.
Geographical description of territory
The County of Cappanarrow is located in the Landing City area, and it borders the Duchy of Neu Odenwaldkries. The Barony of Grosvenor is located within Cappanarrow.
Cappanarrow contains some of the most valuable real estate in Landing City: The Grosvenor Casino, Cassandora Business Tower, Cappanarrow House Manticore, and Club Nueva Ibiza are its most famous landmarks.
The urban landscape of Cappanarrow is filled with sculptures, fountains, and running trails. There are multiple paths in the county. Many are elevated over busy intersections, while others go underground, and several are built alongside the office buildings, in enclosed run ways.
Multiple parks, artfully maintained by renowned landscape artists, are found within the County, the most famous of which are the English Gardens of Westminster Park, the Japanese Garden of the Tokugawa market, and the Beowulfian Arboretum.
The majority of the county’s residents are individuals that work within Landing City, notably in real estate, Hennesy Terminus trade, Talbot Quadrant trade, Government, hotel, orbital mining, and the Royal Manticoran Merchant Marine.
Imperatrix, a 350 story apartment complex, has attracted a large number of Navy, Marine, and Army personnel. Imperatrix offers some of the lowest rent figures in the Star Kingdom for active service members.
Although the area appears to be opulent, the County sees modest annual revenues. The previous Baroness Grosvenor lost a significant amount of money in an Erowhonese ponzi scheme. Although she was incarcerated occurred six T-years ago, her financial misadventures are still felt in Grosvenor. Several 8 figure loans were taken from the equity of Grosvenor House Manticore, and the Cassandora Business Tower. All to pay off exorbitant legal fees, and an unsuccessful effort to pay a high bail amount. It will take several years to pay off the loans.
The new Baron Grosvenor is a transplant from the Cappanarrow Duchy on Gryphon, and serves as the 2nd ranking official of the Home Office. It is rumored that his elevation to Baron Grosvenor came with the expectation that he root out the previous Baroness’ corrupt business clientele. Whatever the case, the Grosvenor area has regained its place in the House of Lords